Based on my user interviews, I created a proto-persona called "Timo". This will help me stay focused on my target audience for the following steps.
- Doesn’t have any family or pet commitments and therefore lots of time & money at his disposal that he spends on extensive travels
- Goes on adventure type of travels frequently, like going hiking, climbing or cycling through the more rural parts of the world
- Doesn’t read books, they’re for “old people” and new technology will be more efficient.
Needs & Goals
- Wants to be able to get around the more rural parts of Japan and interact with the residents a little to make great memories
- Needs to know basic phrases and culture before he goes
- As Timo, I want to be able to communicate in a basic way with Japanese residents, so that I can get around.
- As Timo, I want to be able to handle the most common emergency situations in Japan, so that I can get help quickly.
- As Timo, I want to be able to recall or look up common characters, so that I can get the gist of the meaning of signs.
- As Timo, I don’t want to offend the locals, so that I can show respect while visiting their country.